The sea shell museum is just on the way to Nagoa Beach close to the Airport. Few have heard about this seashell museum, but it is a museum with a difference. The collection displayed at the museum are very beautiful and rare. You will not find such collection anywhere else in India. As an hobby of shell collection the owner has transformed into a museum.
The Church was built in the year 1598 by an order of Bishop D. Aleixo Menezes. It was the first Parish Church of Diu. Later on the status of the Parish Church was transferred to the Church of Immaculate Conception. As this church of St. Thomas ceased to be the Parish Church it was also desecrated and it was used for various profane purposes. The Altar is said to have been transferred to Silvassa.
This edifice came under various functions – as an Orphanage, Home for the Aged, Museum, Police Station and prior to liberation it housed the Angolan Battalion. Post liberation, it was abandoned and it was in custody of the Parish Priest of the Immaculate Conception. At present, it houses a Museum inaugurated on 12th October, 1992. Carved woods, old statues, stone inscriptions and other artifacts are collected from various sites and displayed in the Museum. It is an archaeological treasure house.
Dependency on External Grid (GETCO) have been reduced by 25%.
Contribution to gr..
The total area under forest is 519 hac. of which 162 hac. are in Vanakbara Village, 355..
The sanctuary is an oasis of serenity and primarily a marsh area that attracts several ..
In Diu Island there are two beaches offers the water sports activities namely Nagoa Bea..
Indian Naval Ship Khukri was a frigate of the Indian Navy. During the Indo Pak War in 1..
Gangeshwar Temple is situated 3 kms away from Diu in Fudam Village. Shivlinga known as ..
The Church was built in the year 1598 by an order of Bishop D. Aleixo Menezes. It was t..
The sea shell museum is just on the way to Nagoa Beach close to the Airport. Few have h..
The Fort of Diu, an expansive and imposing structure is situated on the extreme coast o..
It was built in the year 1593, at the time of Governor Pero de Naya. It was the Friary ..
St. Paul Church, as it is widely known is also called the Church of Immaculate Concepti..
The beach is situated to the extreme west side of the island, 13 kms from Diu in villag..
The beach is at a distance of 1 km. from Diu Town. It has beautiful panoramic view. It ..
Chakratirth Beach is centrally located and contagious to the town at Diu. This beach se..
Among the 5 beaches, Nagoa is the most beautiful and more popular. It is located in Nag..